DTech is an Academic spinoff in the medtech field devoted to Research and Development on the treatments of the oral cavity, dental implants and skin wounds.
The DTech research has led to the development of 3 product lines:
- A highly biocompatible hydrogel functional for the treatment of oral infections and dental implants (Nuvagel Line);
- Gel with tissue stimulation factors;
- Gel with biosensors to reveal presence of bacteria
HOW IT WORKS
NuvaGel is a solution consisting of two ready-to-use products in disposable syringes:
- A highly biocompatible hydrogel in which an antiseptic or antibiotic can be incorporated. The hydrogel has the task of releasing the active substance on the site of application. In addition, its uniqueness is guaranteed by its ability to increase the bioavailability of the active molecule, otherwise unable to enter the local circulation and tissues.
- An activator or “crosslinker” that transforms the gel into a rubbery compound able to adhere to soft and hard tissues, able to remain permanently active for a time adjustable from two weeks and a few months.
Shortly, once the gel has been applied to the symptomatic part, the crosslinker transforms it into the final product. The area concerned is therefore “sealed” and protected from the intrusion of foreign particles; at the same time, this compound releases the active substance – antibiotic or antiseptic – only where necessary.
AREAS OF APPLICATION
The products are used:
- In the treatment of simple and complex infections of the oral cavity (eg. Periodontics, etc.) and dental implants;
- In the treatment of infections following implantation of prostheses and tissues surrounding them;
- In the control of infections / complications following prosthesis implants and oral hygiene;
- In the protection and repair of injured tissues in complex wounds;
- In the controlled in-situ release of cancer and chemotherapy drugs;
- In wounds resulting from surgery and heart surgery.
A UNIQUE PROFESSIONAL PRODUCT
Complex infections of the oral cavity cover at least 50% of the complications that professionals see every day.
Oral care is basic. A local infection caused by bacteria, plaque, tartar, food infiltration or mechanical trauma can cause tissue inflammation, such as gingivitis or periodontitis. Periodontal disease is a global health problem that, according to data from the Ministry of Health, involves 60% of the population in Italy. Moreover, periodontal disease, which is responsible for a situation of chronic inflammation, represents a risk factor for coronary heart disease, diabetes, pre-term delivery and the birth of infants of low weight compared to gestational age.
The active compound allows NuvaGel to treat infections of the oral cavity and to take care of daily oral hygiene. Thanks to the different combinations, Nuvagel is also able to treat complex wounds and oncological lesions.
The DTech NuvaGel line, thanks to the combination of gel and active compound, is an extremely adaptable product to patients’ needs.
Gel + chlorhexidine 2%
Professional sealing gel with chlorhexidine to be applied on subgingival injections, infected areas or on dental implants.
Gel + Antibiotic
Professional sealing gel with antibiotic for the treatment of serious bacterial infections.
The disadvantages of systemic antibiotic therapy are related to the fact that the drug is dissolved by diffusion at systemic level and only a small part of the total dose reaches the subgingival microflora of the periodontal pocket, NuvaGel Ab allows the constant release of the necessary dose of antibiotic, thanks to its sealing action.
Gel + Ag+
Lightweight gel enriched with Ag+ ions suitable for home oral care of all members of the family
Gel + Antibacterial
Professional sealing gel with controlled release of chemotherapy drugs directly in situ for the treatment of oral cancer.
Gel + Iodine
Lightweight gel enriched with Iodine suitable for the care of the home oral cavity of all members of the family
Gel + hyaluronic acid
A gel containing hyaluronic acid that accelerates the repair of simple and complex wounds.
The best solution in the management of simple and complex infections of the oral system.
A wide choice in the NuvaGel range to help the dentist with post-surgical complications.
Prevention of infections during implantation and post-implantation complications or when explantation is required.
NuvaGel continues its help after dental care with a range of products to use at home in daily oral care.
THE TARGET MARKET
The company, through its technologies targets the following markets:
- The dental-care market: this market shows a TAM of 14b USD and projects a CAGR of 6.5% on average until 2024
- The Wound Care market: this market shows a TAM of 27b USD and projects a CAGR of 7.3% on average until 2024
Do you want to know more about DTech's NuvaGel line?
The products of the DTech line will soon be available on the market. Fill out the form with your details, we will contact you providing all the information about it.