Adaptable hydrogels for in situ release of active molecules
DTech’s highly adaptable, biocompatible hydrogels have applications in dentistry, dermatology and oncology for the in situ, controlled release of medicinal substances. The in situ cross-linkable hydrogels are able to adhere to soft and hard tissues, and hold active medicinal substances, which are released from the hydrogel to the adhered tissues in a controlled manner. This unique property of DTech’s technology allows for increased local bioavailability of the active molecules that are otherwise unable to enter the local circulation and tissues with currently available solutions.
At DTech, we like to develop elegant solutions to address complex problems.
what we do
We develop adaptable hydrogels that can hold and release in situ active molecules.
Our two-step solution is prepackaged into two ready-to-use disposable syringes.
The two-step solution is prepackaged into two ready-to-use disposable syringes. The first syringe contains a highly biocompatible hydrogel in which an antiseptic, antibiotic, active ions or active molecules are incorporated. The second syringe consists of a crosslinking agent that converts the gel into a rubbery compound, which then robustly adheres to soft and hard tissues.
Upon application, the hydrogel releases the active substance onto the tissue in a controlled manner, allowing for a remarkable increase in the local bioavailability of the active molecule, otherwise unable to enter the local circulation and tissues. The crosslinking agent allows for the prolonged release of the active substance into the local environment over an adjustable period of between two weeks to several months.
Once the hydrogel is applied to the target area and the crosslinker is applied to rapidly transform the hydrogel into the final product, the target area is essentially “sealed,” releasing the active substance only where needed and protecting the target area against intrusion by foreign particles.
The hydrogels are highly adaptable and can be used to:
- Treat simple and complex infections of the oral cavity and dental implants
- Treat infections of surrounding tissues following prosthesis implantation
- Prevent osteo-articular infections
- Cartilage reconstruction
- Protect and repair damaged tissues in complex wounds
- Large suture protection
- In situ release of oncological drugs and chemotherapy.
The molecules employed by DTech in hydrogel production process are entirely biocompatible, biodegradable, non-toxic, and economically advantageous.
DTech NuvaGel: The DTech NuvaGel line is extremely adaptable in that it can be purpose fitted to cater to patients’ specific needs via differing combinations of gel and active compounds, and have applications that range from treating infections of the oral cavity and to maintaining daily oral hygiene to treating complex wounds and oncological lesions.
- NuvaGel Clx Gel + chlorhexidine 2% Professionalsealing gel with chlorhexidine to be applied on subgingival injections, infected areas or on dental implants.
- NuvaGel Ab Gel + Antibiotic Professionalsealing gel with antibiotic for the treatment of serious bacterial infections. The disadvantages of systemic antibiotic therapy are related to the fact that the drug is dissolved by diffusion at systemic level and only a small part of the total dose reaches the subgingival microflora of the periodontal pocket.
- NuvaGel I Gel + Iodine Lightweight gelenriched with Iodine is suitable for the oral cavity care at home for all members of the family
- NuvaGel Repair Gel + hyaluronic acid A gelcontaining hyaluronic acid accelerates the repair of simple and complex wounds and bedsores.
- NuvaGel Ag Gel + Ag+ Lightweightgel enriched with Ag+ ions suitable for skin wounds and bedsoares
- NuvaGel AT Gel + Antitumoral Professionalsealing gel with controlled, in situ release of chemotherapy drugs for the treatment of oral cancer
- Dental Care, enriched with Zinco PCA,the best solution in the management of simple and complex infections of the oral system
- Dental Care, enriched with active carbon nanoparticles,the best solution in the management of simple and complex infections of the oral system
- Dental Surgery, + Antibiotic Professionalsealing gel with antibiotic to help dentists manage post-surgical complications. Prevention of infections during implantation and post-implantation complications or when explantation is required.