An innovative renewable, biodegradable and biocompatible hydrogels for the treatment of mild and complex infections of the oral cavity and dental implants
Dtech proposes a patented, innovative technology for the production of renewable, biodegradable and biocompatible hydrogels to be employed in the treatment of mild and complex infections of the oral cavity (1) and dental implants.
The technology permits adherence to soft and hard tissues and eventual release of active substances in a controlled manner. This unique property of Dtech’s solution increases the bioavailability of the active molecule, otherwise unable to enter the local circulation and tissue with currently available solutions.
DTech is an academic spinoff in the biotech field. It is a company dedicated to Research and Development whose focus is on the treatment of mild and complex infections of the oral cavity and dental implants.
The DTech research has led to the development of a biocompatible dental hydrogel, a new solution for dentists, dentists and dental hygienists for the prevention and treatment of infections and the care of the oral cavity.
TARGET MARKET: The company, through its technologies targets the following markets:
- The dental-care market: this market shows a TAM of 14b USD and projects a CAGR of 6.5% on average until 2024
- The Wound Care market: this market shows a TAM of 27b USD and projects a CAGR of 7.3% on average until 2024
The biological properties of the technology permit enhanced occluding action, much adherence and wetting effect, limiting bacterial recolonization in the periodontal pockets. In the elderly, the patients’ ability to manage implant hygiene can change over time concerning their age and their state of physical health.
Dtech proposed solution makes mechanical removal by patient superfluous since it adheres to periodontal pockets for at least 30 days.
- In the treatment of simple and complex infections of the oral cavity and dental implants (e.g. periodontitis, pyorrhoea, etc.);
- In the treatment of infections following the implantation of prostheses and tissues surrounding them;
- In the control of infections/complications following the implantation of prostheses and in the hygiene of the oral cavity;
- In the protection and repair of damaged tissues in complex wounds;
- In the controlled in situ release of oncological drugs and chemotherapy.
Periodontal disease is a global health problem that, according to data from the Ministry of Health, involves 60% of the population in Italy. Moreover, periodontal disease, which is responsible for a situation of chronic inflammation, represents a risk factor for coronary heart disease, diabetes, pre-term delivery and the birth of infants of low weight compared to gestational age.
The active compound allows NuvaGel to treat infections of the oral cavity and to take care of daily oral hygiene. Thanks to the different combinations, Nuvagel is also able to treat complex wounds and oncological lesions. The DTech NuvaGel line, thanks to the combination of gel and active compound, is an extremely adaptable product to patients’ needs.
- NuvaGel Clx Gel + chlorhexidine 2% Professional sealing gel with chlorhexidine to be applied on subgingival injections, infected areas or on dental implants.
- NuvaGel Ab Gel + Antibiotic Professional sealing gel with antibiotic for the treatment of serious bacterial infections. The disadvantages of systemic antibiotic therapy are related to the fact that the drug is dissolved by diffusion at systemic level and only a small part of the total dose reaches the subgingival microflora of the periodontal pocket
- NuvaGel Ab allows the constant release of the necessary dose of antibiotic, thanks to its sealing action.
- NuvaGel Ag Gel + Ag+ Lightweight gel enriched with Ag+ ions suitable for home oral care of all members of the family
- NuvaGel I Gel + Iodine Lightweight gel enriched with Iodine suitable for the care of the home oral cavity of all members of the family
- NuvaGel Repair Gel + hyaluronic acid A gel containing hyaluronic acid that accelerates the repair of simple and complex wounds
- NuvaGel AT Gel + Antibacterial Professional sealing gel with controlled release of chemotherapy drugs directly in situ for the treatment of oral cancer
- Dental Care, the best solution in the management of simple and complex infections of the oral system
- Dental Surgery, a wide choice in the NuvaGel range to help the dentist with post-surgical complications. Implantology Prevention of infections during implantation and post-implantation complications or when explantation is required.